Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not Much to Write

I find that I don't have too much to blog about in Lucas' life this week.  It strikes me that this may be the case more and more often as Lucas and I spend more and more hours apart.

This was his first full week back at school since before Christmas.  That means he heads out the door each  morning at 7:20 am and then he hops off the bus at 3:20pm each afternoon.   Yesterday he started an In-Line skating club after school so the bus dropped him off at 5pm.

That means I get to interact with him only a few hours a day and those hours are usually filled with chores, homework, supper prep and bedtime routines.  As any Mom will tell you, as kids age, you get told less and less.  Luckily, Lucas willingly answers any question I might have so I don't feel like I'm pulling teeth to hear about his life. We simply don't have too many uninterrupted moments to share.

So, as far as being the one to comment on Lucas' life, I am losing access to my subject.  Sigh, how sad.  But, how terribly exciting for Lucas.  I know his days are full of learning, stimulation and new experiences.  It's not a bad thing that his online record grows sparse when he is out there busy living his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment