Saturday, November 28, 2009

First Loose Tooth

Actually, the tooth fairy has already visited our house for the first time a couple weeks ago after Lucas' first tooth extraction at the dentist, but during all of our recent dentistry, a loose tooth was discovered! The front bottom tooth is the tiniest bit wiggly!

We've recently switched to a new dentist and it couldn't be going better.  Lucas loves going because they have gaming systems in the waiting room and tv overhead the chairs.  It's a good thing he's happy because he's been visiting a lot!

I'm not sure why.  Partly, I think he has inherited some weak teeth and, partly, I think the dentist we've been seeing since Lucas was 18mo old hasn't been doing us any favours. 

I take responsibility for allowing Lucas to use the non-flouride toothpaste because he doesn't like spitting, I admit to not flossing his teeth enough and I realize he doesn't drink milk.  But, despite all that, Lucas has been very good about brushing twice a day faithfully.  He doesn't drink juice or soda.  We don't have candy and sweets every day all day. 

No matter the reason, poor Lukey is plagued by dental work and always has been.  I truly hope his permanent teeth (once sealed) will not be so painful for him. 

At least he's finally entering the upside of dentistry - the whole $$ for teeth thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment