Thursday, April 15, 2010

You Know It's Bad When ....

Lucas looooves to feel emotion deeply and this is particularly so just before bedtime when he is feeling sad (and tired I might add).

He whimpers and moans and upon calming down a bit, he decides to start anew. Just when it is winding down, a fresh wave of despair will sweep over him.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic; this is genuine, deep sadness and I truly wish he didn't like to visit there. But, he clearly gets something out of generating such strong feelings.

A couple nights ago, I went into his darkened room to find out what the source of his pain was that night.

"No one ever comes to my sleep-overs," he cried.

"Sky High (Lucas' long time imaginary friend) doesn't even like me anymore. He said he wouldn't come either" he wailed.

Now, it must be pretty serious when your best imaginary friend who is a full figment of your own imagination rejects you. That is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment