Friday, April 23, 2010

Surprise

"Mommy, I have a surprise for you down in my room," I heard through my fog at 6:07 this morning.

I mumbled something and rolled over. Eventually, after much discussion of what the clock said minute-by-minute, I trundled down to his room.

Through my puffy, sleep-filled eyes I could see that Lucas had made his own bed and he was so proud.

I'm not sure if it is in his nature to appreciate a nicely-made bed, but I do know it is his nature to try his best to make others happy. What I loved so much about his beaming face was how truly, genuinely happy he was to make me happy.

Thank you Lucas for such support and love. I treasure it and absolutely loved your surprise. You are going to be one wise man if you understand the power of cleaning up for a woman you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment