Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Talk

At the high risk of embarrassing Lucas deeply, I just had to mark this moment here.

"I've got a tough question - how do babies get born?" he asked. I clarified a bit to figure out just how much he wanted to know and sure enough, he wanted the full story.

I took a deep breath and plunged in. I tried to give him just the facts along with a few rules. Mya was listening raptly too - oh boy! (Can't wait to see how she brings it up again later!)

"I was wondering about that," he stated at the end.

Phew - milestone for him and me. Of course there will have to be many more conversations like this one, but this was the first where he didn't want the general, vague explanations I've been giving him thus far. "Babies come out of Mommy's tummies," wasn't going to fly today. He's almost 7 after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment