Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time for A Change

I think it is time to re-work how this blog happens. As Lucas enters an age when he cares deeply about what others think, I just don't feel comfortable laying out his life here. He is a deeply sensitive soul learning how to navigate the world and I do not for one minute want to be a source of betrayal or ridicule to him. Clearly, what I think is adorable and sweet may not seem that way to him when I broadcast it around the world here. I just don't feel like his life story is exclusively mine to tell anymore. He is growing up.

This means I will be posting much less frequently and I will only post things that I have discussed with Lucas. Secondly, I would like to sit with him and co-write entries, but I can't make him do that if he's not interested so that remains to be seen. I will be suggesting it to him and we'll see where that goes.

I would love for this blog to morph into his blog rather than mine. He could post photos he takes (as you know he's a fantastic photographer), he could post his favourite jokes, his wish list for Christmas, stories he creates and more. But, what I'm aware of, is that the direction of this blog is up to him.

Time for Mommy to step back on his blog and in his life. Time for his choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment